Monday, October 18, 2010

A Musician's Search for the Human Cost of War // Michael Franti's Film 'I Know I'm Not Alone'

Michael Franti, a world-renowned musician whose single "Say Hey" propelled him onto the charts last year (and whose latest album, The Sound of Sunshine, I highly recommend), isn't just a songwriter. He's a human rights worker. Frustrated by the nightly news on conflict in the Middle East that brushed right past the human cost of the violence, Franti went to Iraq, Palestine and Israel with some human rights lawyers, a film crew and a guitar. Complete with a compelling soundtrack, the guerilla-style film, I Know I'm Not Alone, gives voice to the everyday people living in the crossfire of war in the Holy Land. Check out the trailer below, and stay tuned--I just ordered the DVD and would love to do a screening at Duke. -- Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment