Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why Christians Are Jerks Online // From CNN's Belief Blog

Full article here // Excerpt below

By Jonathan Acuff

"Bono is a born again Christian.

Or he's not.

It's one of those two. I'm just not sure which, but I am certain that the faith of U2 is something we Christians like to argue about. That and beer. You never know if your small group is populated with prohibitionists. You have to say things like, 'Is there anything you need me to bring to the dinner party, anything at all?' Then if they say, 'Sure, how about a bottle of wine?' you're good.

U2, beer, our favorite pastor's kid-gone-wild Katy Perry: these are usually the topics I write about on www.stuffchristianslike.net. (Which is indeed a direct rip off of the site www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com.) But today I thought I might deal with something with a little sharper teeth. Something you don't see addressed often, but you might have experienced.

Put simply, I want to talk about why sometimes we Christians are jerks online."

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment